Innaxis is currently seeking for Data Scientists and Engineers to join its research and development team based in Madrid, Spain. Talented and highly motivated individuals who want to pursue and lead a career outside of the more mainstream, conventional alternatives. Individuals with a great dose of imagination, problem solving skills, flexibility and passion are encouraged to apply.
- As a Data Engineer, you will help the team to design and integrate complete solutions for Big Data architectures; from data acquisition and ETL processes until storage and delivery for analysis, using the latest technologies and solutions for the ultimate performance.
- As a Data Scientist, you will mainly assist the team to understand, analyse and mine data, but also to prepare and assess the quality of such. You will also develop methods for data fusion and anonymization. Ultimately your goal will be to extract the best knowledge and insights from data, despite technical limitations and committing with regulatory requirements.
If not unique, Innaxis is at most not conventional: it is a private independent non-profit research institute focused on Data Science and its applications: most notoriously in aviation, air traffic management and mobility, among other areas.
As an independent entity, Innaxis determines its own research agenda and has now a decade of experience in European research programs with more than 30 successfully executed ones. New projects and initiatives are evaluated continuously and open to new opportunities and ideas proposed within the team.
The Innaxis team consist on a very interdisciplinary group of scientists, developers, engineers and program managers, together with an extensive network of external partners and collaborators, from private companies to universities, public entities and other research institutes.
Our team work very closely on a daily basis,
- University degree, MSc or PhD on Data Science or Computer Science, or related field provided all other requirements are met.
- No professional experience required, although it might be positively evaluated.
- Proficient in a variety of programming languages, for instance: Python, Scala, Java, R or C++ and up to date on the newest software libraries and APIs, e.g. Tensorflow, Theano.
- Experience with acquisition, preparation, storage and delivery of data, including concepts ranging from ETL to Data Lakes.
- Knowledge of the most commonly used software stacks such as LAMP, LAPP, LEAP, OpenStack, SMACK or similar.
- Familiar with some of the IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms currently available such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and similar.
- Understanding of the most popular knowledge discovery and data mining problems and algorithms; predictive analytics, classification, map reduce, deep learning, random forest, support vector machines and such.
- Continuous interest for the latest technologies and developments, e.g. blockchain, Terraform,
- Excellent English communication skills. It is the working language at Innaxis.
- And of course, great doses of imagination, problem solving skills, flexibility and passion.
The successful candidate will be offered a Innaxis’ position as a Data Scientist or Data Engineer, including a unique set of benefits:
- Being part of a young, dynamic, highly qualified, collaborative and heterogeneous international team.
- Great flexibility in many aspects -including working hours, compatibilities and location- and most excellent working conditions.
- A horizontal hierarchy, all researchers’ opinions matter.
- Long term and stable position. Innaxis is steadily growing since its foundation ten years ago.
- A fair salary according to the nature of the institute and adjusted to skills, experience and education with continuous revision.
- Independence, as a non-profit and research-focused nature of Innaxis, the institute is driven by different forces than in the private sector, free of commercial and profit interests.
- The possibility to develop a unique career outside of mainstream: academics, private companies and consulting.
- No outsourcing whatsoever, all tasks will be performed at Innaxis offices.
- An agile working methodology; Innaxis recently implemented JIRA/Scrum and all the research is done on a collaborative wiki/Confluence.
Interested candidates should send their CV, a research interest letter (around 400 words) and any other relevant information supporting their application to firstname.lastname@example.org You will be contacted further and a personal selection process will start.