Innaxis is currently seeking a software-modelling researcher (entry to junior level) to join its research team in Madrid, Spain. We look for a talented and highly motivated individual who wants to pursue a research career in the field of socio-technological systems modelling and simulation. Any individual with a great dose of imagination and problem-solving skills, along with algorithmic mind and passion are encouraged to apply.
As a software modeller, you will be developing algorithms to simulate the intricacies of socio-technological systems, such as the air transportation system and future concepts of European urban mobility. You will be applying several modelling techniques from agent based modelling, to event-driven simulation and stochastic modelling. You will also work with our Data Science team for hybrid approaches, eg. data-driven simulation tools and prescriptive analytics.
Innaxis is a private independent, non-profit, research institute focused on data science and its applications; most notably in aviation, air traffic management, and mobility. As an independent entity, Innaxis decides its own research agenda and has a decade of experience in European research programmes with more than 30 successfully executed research projects.
The Innaxis team consists of an interdisciplinary group of scientists, developers, engineers and programme managers. We work together with an extensive network of external partners and collaborators in Europe, including private companies, universities, public entities and other research institutes.
The ideal candidate complies with the following set of skills:
- University degree on Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics and/or Engineering.
- MSc or PhD not required but positively evaluated. Similarly, professional experience is positively evaluated but is not a requirement.
- Proficient in Python and knowledge of other modern languages.
- Understanding of different programming paradigms, eg. functional programming.
- Expertise with the most common algorithm strategies for problem solving, eg. recursive, divide and conquer, dynamic programming, branch and bound, backtracking, greedy and heuristic algorithms.
- Strong background in statistics.
- Experience or knowledge of data science, eg. knowledge discovery in databases (artificial intelligence, machine learning), data visualisation.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral), as it is the working language at Innaxis.
- Great dose of imagination, problem solving skills and passion.
Knowledge of the European air transportation system is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will be offered a position as a software-modelling researcher, including a unique set of benefits:
- Become part of a young, dynamic, highly qualified, collaborative and heterogeneous international team.
- Flexible working environment, schedule and location.
- A horizontal hierarchy, small team of researchers working closely with both creativity and ownership.
- Long-term and stable position; Innaxis has been steadily growing since its foundation ten years ago.
- Salary adjusted to skills, experience and education.
- The possibility to develop a unique career outside of mainstream: academics, private companies and consulting.
- No outsourcing, all tasks will be performed at Innaxis offices.
- Opportunity to travel in Europe following the research initiatives.
- An agile working methodology; Innaxis recently implemented JIRA/Scrum and all the research is done on a collaborative wiki/Confluence.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should send their CV, along with an interest letter (around 400 words), and any other relevant information that supports their application to firstname.lastname@example.org. No applications will be considered otherwise.
If your application is accepted, you will be contacted and the interview process will start. We do not rely on a HR department and personally review and interview all candidates.