Objectives and highlights
- ・Insights into the door-to-door European travel paradigm for the current, 2035 and 2050 transport scenarios, through a cutting edge data science approach.
- ・DATASET2050 puts the passenger at the centre, paving the way for a seamless, efficient door-to-door travelling experience.
- ・Analysing how the European transport supply profile (capacity, connections, business models, regulations, intermodality, processes, infrastructure) could adapt to the evolution of the demand profile (customers, demographics, passenger expectations, requirements).
- ・Through expert application of state-of-art predictive analytics, modelling, statistical analyses, data science and data visualisation, with an examination of multimodal data. Check Mercury tool here
- ・The insights gained through the project’s approach will highlight research needs towards the four hour door-to-door goal formulated by ACARE.
- ・DATASET2050 partners are supported by an Advisory Board, comprised of top European transport Entities and a comprehensive dissemination and communication plans (including workshops)
Who we are
DATASET2050 has been brought to you by the the Innaxis Foundation and Research Institute, Eurocontrol, Bauhaus Luftfahrt and the University of Westminster.
- ・Innaxis: Private Spanish research institute focused on complexity and data Science in air transport operations. With 10+ years experience in mobility and aviation research, both in low and medium TRL contexts.
- ・EUROCONTROL: The European Organisation for the Safety of Air Navigation, EUROCONTROL, was founded in 1963. It is an intergovernmental organisation supporting its member states in the development, implementation and operation of a seamless, performance driven pan-European Air Traffic Management network. EUROCONTROL is a civil – military organisation with currently 39 member states.
- ・University of Westminster: The University of Westminster (Department of Planning and Transport) has been engaged in air transport research, consultancy, and teaching for 40 years. In the last decade, mobility research has been a core part of the Department's research with particular emphasis on economics, operations and performance.
- ・Bauhaus Luftfahrt is a public research institution funded by the four aerospace companies Airbus Group, Industrieanlagen-Betriebsgesellschaft (IABG), Liebherr-Aerospace and MTU Aero Engines as well as grants of the Bavarian Ministry for Economic Affairs, Infrastructure, Transport and Technology. The non-profit association is an internationally-oriented think tank.
- Sep 20
Madrid – D2D Mobility Workshop organized by DATASET2050
Full day mobility workshop organized by the DATASET2050 consortium in Google Campus Madrid premises: 10+ consortium plus external speakers presentationsSep 19
Madrid – DATASET2050 presentation at CATER
DATASET2050 results presented by Hector Ureta at the CATER CSA final event (Coordinating Air Transport Time Efficiency Research) .Mar 23
Brussels-DATASET2050 and ACARE WG1-SRIA update
DATASET2050 presentation to the ACARE WG1 (Mobility) in the context of the SRIA (Strategic Research Innovation Agenda) updateFeb 15
London – WP5 (D5.2 and D5.3) launched
Planning for 2017 year activities / events / scientific tasks consolidated.
- 2016Sep 14
Transport Supply/demand modelling
Several consortium technical meetings and telecons (Winter 2016, Spring 2017) consolidating the supply/demand transport elements and their integration in the model.Jul 12
London – DATASET consortium meeting
Including all project partners and the EC Project Officer: Mindaugas Laurinavicius.Jul 12
London – 1st Workshop EU door-to-door mobility
DATASET2050 consortium is pleased to host and coordinate the first workshop examining EU door-to-door mobility.
- 2015Dec 17
Madrid – Data model, D3.1 and D4.1 KOM
This face to-face meeting was organized in Madrid by the end of the year to align all the key partners involved both in the supply and demand profiles (D3.1 and D4.1), additionally to the data-related tasks and model (WP2).Mar 26
London – WP2-WP3-WP4-model KOM
DATASET2050 Technical WPs Kick-off-Meeting took place during first months of 2015. A face to-face meeting was organized with all the key partners involved both in the supply and demand profiles, additionally to Innaxis the partner in charge of the data tasks and model.Mar 17
Brussels – Presentation to ACARE WG1 (mobility) and EC
David Perez (Innaxis’ director) presented the status, objectives, tasks and approach of DATASET2050 at the ACARE WG1 meeting held in Brussels.
D2.1 - Data requirements and acquisition
(UoW) Tanner, G., Cook, A.J., Delgado, L., Graham, A.,
D4.1 - Current supply profile
(EUROCONTROL) Hullah, P., Kirby, S., (UoW) Cook, A.J., Tanner, G., Graham, A., (INX) Ureta, H.,Cristobal,S
D5.1 - Mobility assessment (metrics)
(EUROCONTROL) Hullah, P., Kirby, S., (UoW) Cook, A.J., Tanner, G., Gurtner, G., (INX)Ureta, H., Cristobal, S., Gómez, I.
D5.2 - Assessment execution
Currently working on it!
D5.3 - Novel concept foundations for European mobility
currently working on it!
At DATASET2050 we hosted and coordinated 2016' EU Door-to-Door Mobility Workshop, the first workshop examining EU door-to-door mobility. All the information, agenda and presentations are available in the link below.