Some project results
Door-to-door time distributions
->click on the image to open the D3.js dynamic visualization and discover the different passenger profiles metrics per door-to-door segment(s)!
Map: door-to-door time reachability
->click on the image to open the dynamic visualization: click departure point and tune the bar on the top to know where you can reach in X minutes/hours
Objectives and highlights
- ・Insights into the door-to-door European travel paradigm for the current, 2035 and 2050 transport scenarios, through a cutting edge data science approach.
- ・DATASET2050 puts the passenger at the centre, paving the way for a seamless, efficient door-to-door travelling experience.
- ・Analysing how the European transport supply profile (capacity, connections, business models, regulations, intermodality, processes, infrastructure) could adapt to the evolution of the demand profile (customers, demographics, passenger expectations, requirements).
- ・Through expert application of state-of-art predictive analytics, modelling, statistical analyses, data science and data visualisation, with an examination of multimodal data. Check Mercury tool here
- ・The insights gained through the project’s approach will highlight research needs towards the four hour door-to-door goal formulated by ACARE.
- ・DATASET2050 partners are supported by an Advisory Board, comprised of top European transport Entities and a comprehensive dissemination and communication plans (including workshops)
Who we are
DATASET2050 has been brought to you by the the Innaxis Foundation and Research Institute, Eurocontrol, Bauhaus Luftfahrt and the University of Westminster.
- ・Innaxis: Private Spanish research institute focused on complexity and data Science in air transport operations. With 10+ years experience in mobility and aviation research, both in low and medium TRL contexts.
- ・EUROCONTROL: The European Organisation for the Safety of Air Navigation, EUROCONTROL, was founded in 1963. It is an intergovernmental organisation supporting its member states in the development, implementation and operation of a seamless, performance driven pan-European Air Traffic Management network. EUROCONTROL is a civil – military organisation with currently 39 member states.
- ・University of Westminster: The University of Westminster (Department of Planning and Transport) has been engaged in air transport research, consultancy, and teaching for 40 years. In the last decade, mobility research has been a core part of the Department's research with particular emphasis on economics, operations and performance.
- ・Bauhaus Luftfahrt is a public research institution funded by the four aerospace companies Airbus Group, Industrieanlagen-Betriebsgesellschaft (IABG), Liebherr-Aerospace and MTU Aero Engines as well as grants of the Bavarian Ministry for Economic Affairs, Infrastructure, Transport and Technology. The non-profit association is an internationally-oriented think tank.
Belgrade – Final DATASET2050 dissemination event
Madrid – D2D Mobility Workshop organized by DATASET2050
Madrid – DATASET2050 presentation at CATER
Brussels-DATASET2050 and ACARE WG1-SRIA update
London – WP5 (D5.2 and D5.3) launched
Transport Supply/demand modelling
London – DATASET consortium meeting
London – 1st Workshop EU door-to-door mobility
Madrid – Data model, D3.1 and D4.1 KOM
London – WP2-WP3-WP4-model KOM
D2.1 - Data requirements and acquisition
(UoW) Tanner, G., Cook, A.J., Delgado, L., Graham, A.,
D4.1 - Current supply profile
(EUROCONTROL) Hullah, P., Kirby, S., (UoW) Cook, A.J., Tanner, G., Graham, A., (INX) Ureta, H.,Cristobal,S
D5.1 - Mobility assessment (metrics)
(EUROCONTROL) Hullah, P., Kirby, S., (UoW) Cook, A.J., Tanner, G., Gurtner, G., (INX)Ureta, H., Cristobal, S., Gómez, I.
D5.2 - Assessment execution
(INX)Ureta, H., Cristobal, S., Belkoura, S., Gómez, I. ; (UoW) Cook, A.J., Tanner, G., Gurtner, G., ; (BHL) A. Paul, U. Kluge ; (EUROCONTROL) Hullah, P.