Innaxis is seeking a Data acquisition and Visualisation Technologist to join the research and development team for aviation projects. As a member of the team, you join a very interdisciplinary group of researchers, scientists, mathematicians and engineers who work for private companies and public institutions to solve the most challenging problems using the most of their data.
A mixture of creativity and technical skills are required to complement the skill set of a team that has worked in the last 5 years establishing landmarks in terms of network performance analyses across different areas within the aviation sector.
We are looking for a talented individual to complement the existing research threads on data acquisition and visualising large data sets in an innovative way to provide new insights on the performance of complex systems, including the development of interactive dashboards to enable the real time analysis of complex phenomena. Being part of a team entails working with other skilled researchers who are currently focused on knowledge discovery, data mining and big data infrastructures.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar (mathematics, physics) with outstanding background and experience in programming.
- Solid design and conceptual representation skills.
- Tasteful and artful conception of data visualisation and infographics.
- An existing portfolio would be very appreciated and very positively evaluated
- Passion for data visualisation on top of current thinking and trends
- Location: Either Madrid (Spain) or Linz (Austria)
Technical skills which may be relevant in the evaluation:
- Basic knowledge of database technologies and use: MySQL, MongoDB, JQuery
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience in any of the following libraries: d3.js, dc.js, Raphaël, …
- Other visualisation technologies experience is appreciated
- Any other programming language is a plus: Python, Perl, C, R, Matlab …
- Hands-on experience with cloud based technologies. Concretely AWS, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2 and EBS
- Immediate start within a highly qualified and collaborative international team with innovative thinking and working methodology focused on the development of large scale research and innovation projects.
- Interesting salary as a function of skills, experience and education.
- Flexibility and good working conditions
Interested candidates should send their detailed CV and relevant information to email@example.com.