Innaxis is seeking a Big Data Engineer to join its research and development team. As a member of the team, you are joining a very interdisciplinary group of researchers, scientists and engineers that work for private companies and public institutions on solving the most challenging problems and get the most out of their data. A mixture of creativity and technical skills are required to complement the skill set of a team that has worked in the last 5 years achieving landmarks in terms of network performance across different areas within the aviation sector.
We are looking for a talented individual to help the team to complement the existing research threads on engineering infrastructures to support data mining against large datasets. Your role within the team will be to design, test and implement state-of-the-art information acquisition systems of existing data sources within the aviation sector. This data will be further analysed in search for insightful patterns and ultimately knowledge discovery. The acquisition systems developed should also be cost-efficient, reliable and in compliance with our data providers privacy directives.
- Degree or MSc on Computer Science with outstanding background and experience in programming and systems management.
- Strong interest for Amazon cloud-based solutions, specifically EC2, EBS, RDS and IAM.
- Strong interest for databases design and management, including SQL and NoSQL solutions and ecosystems.
- Enthusiasm for software design and testing methodologies
- Fluency in English: it is the working language at Innaxis!
Technical skills that may be relevant in the evaluation:
- Knowledge of database technologies and use: MySQL, MongoDB, JQuery
- Proficiency in at least one programming language: Python, Perl, R, C++
- Understanding of data mining algorithms: KDD, support vector machines, etc.
- Immediate start within a highly qualified and collaborative international team with innovative thinking and working methodology focused on the development of large scale research and innovation projects.
- Interesting salary as a function of skills, experience and education.
- Flexibility and excellent working conditions.
Interested candidates should send their detailed CV, a research interest letter and any relevant information to email@example.com